Monday, December 10

Sad and pointless...

Yesterday's tragic events here in Colorado Springs and in Denver had me awake last night till 2 AM - just sitting in bed praying for all the families effected by this pointless incident - I was angry, sad, scared, and hopeful that God would somehow be gloried through this horrible senseless act. He hated us is what the news media has come to find out - Christians.... and wanted us dead. I just can't understand that - how does someone hate someone else or a group of other people so much that you just plan it out that you're going to murder innocent human beings just cause they've placed their trust in Jesus Christ. I've grasped on to something that I whole heartedly believe in - a belief that sustains me daily in knowing that no matter what happens my family and my loved ones will be OK.

I realize that this world is a crazy place and that this type of thing can happen anywhere, but when it comes 10 miles close to your doorstep it just gives you this uneasy feeling like someone just broke into your house, it makes you angry that someone killed for no reason. The saddest thing to me is that the young man that came to kill hundreds of people got shot dead and because of his hatred and disbelief in Christ (how do I know he wasn't a Christian - cause Mass Murder isn't one of the fruits of the spirit) is probably the only one of all the victims of this that died in his Sins and will spend eternity away from God. (I believe this cause that's what the Bible says - Rev.21:8).

I stayed up last night mourning the loss of these innocent people - and of the one that killed them all. I stayed up last night to also think about how quickly life can end and how I need to change some things in my life to make sure I'm living it to it's fullest and doing everything for my family and for Christ Jesus who has given me life everlasting and the strength to know that everyday is a new day to do something great.

My Pastor said it best in an email to the congregation today - this email really gave me lots of encouragement: (here's a small portion of it...)

We have all asked ourselves the question, “WHY?” or “How could this happen?” Rather than making our heads spin let’s look for the good. I praise God the four who died had a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and today they are celebrating that relationship in heaven with Him. I praise God nobody went to hell yesterday. I praise God the injuries and death were not greater. I praise God for the head of security at New Life being sensitive to his heart and the situation in Denver by adding extra security Sunday morning. I praise God the security woman was in place, responded efficiently, and kept her cool in an extremely difficult situation. I praise God that many people will start new or start over in their relationship with God as they ponder and evaluate the condition of their own heart and their readiness to meet the Lord.

Be confident! Be of Good cheer! You have a relationship with Jesus Christ. 1 John 4:18 says, “There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear.” 1 Corinthians 15:55-57 says, "Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?" 56 The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. 57 But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. If we live we win. If we die we win. Paul said, “To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord.” For the believer there is no defeat.

-Enoch

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great post.

I hold to the belief that there is a message in everything...no matter how it is sent.

In this case, testing our ability for forgiveness and reminding us to honestly and truly count our blessings....and be thankful for them each and every day.

Soul hug for everyone....Dale.