Sunday, February 10

Slingshot 300 AW {quick} Review

Well I got a new camera bag a couple weeks ago, so I wanted to do a quick review of this new bag also to let you know why I bought this bag other than all the other great bags out there...

I started my search online and came across a great blog that reviewed 3 bags - I was {this} close to buying the 6 or 7 Million Dollar Home bag by Crumpler or even the National Geographic bag (the lack of padding changed my mind). I wanted a bag that was an over the shoulder bag rather than a backpack as they would be cumbersome while shooting and doing a quick change of lenses. So after many weeks of searching and making notes and reading reviews I landed on the Lowepro Slingshot 300 AW (All-weather) which I found on Amazon for less than $80 on sale... now it's priced back above $100.

I must say that I now like this bag a lot as it's comfortable to wear and a cinch to get into and swap lenses. While wearing the bag you tug on the bottom portion and pull around front where you have access to the middle compartment via a side zipper. This does get some getting used to but once you've done it about 5 times in action you should be a pro at it. There is lots of space in the bag and lots of pockets AND most important to me lots of padding.

I've setup the inside compartments a little different which has made getting to my lenses a breeze. The only issue I with the bag so far is the hip belt gets in the way when you're not wearing it... I do wish there was a way to hide this like you can the All Weather lining.

I'll post up some pictures later tonight... -E

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great review. You gave me things to think about that haven't crossed my mind.