Wednesday, December 10

Ava's First Birthday Party

First's are always important throughout life and First Birthday's are one of the greatest... it's a time to look back at your child's first year of life and notice the leaps and bounds your child made. From being a small person that just lays there to little munchkin that walks around talks a little bit and makes you laugh every day. Children are true joys of life.

Danielle contacted me a few weeks ago to capture the happenings of her daughter's, Ava, first birthday party. This is definitely something I wish I did at Kenzie's first --- as I was 1/2 the host and the photographer the whole time. The family was great and funny, and the guests were delightful and charming. Danielle ... Thank you for inviting me into your home and allowing me to capture your beautiful child.

Nothing you do for children is ever wasted. They seem not to notice us, hovering, averting our eyes, and they seldom offer thanks, but what we do for them is never wasted. - Garrison Keillor

Such a cute invitation


I Heart Streamers


I Heart Giant Cupcakes too!


What a cutie




Ava and her Daddy...


Ava and Mommy ...


Yeah ... she's laughing at you too...


I love her look in this image


She was getting a little tired... and the party didn't start yet.


Your eyes are getting sssleeeeepy... .... She's such a beautiful little one.


A little play time and joking later... and she's up and ready for more...


Children's laughter is so full of joy.


Such a cute shot... love it!


It's Birthday Cake time...


Mom got me choked up as well. What a sweet moment.




Om nom nom nom


A little hesitation at first... and then some help from Mommy and Daddy - she was getting messy shortly there after.


Beautiful Family


You got a little something on that side of your cheek ... nope the other side... almost got it...


Such a great look


I Heart Colorado ... since I haven't been to NY yet.


You all were wonderful ... Thank you again for all your kindness. I Heart nice People.


Enoch Gonzalez
Wedding Photography
Colorado Springs Colorado

13 comments:

Christopher said...

Love the shots with the grandmothers. Those are great!

Anonymous said...

I love them! Thank you so much for capturing this day for my family and I. I cannot wait to see all the others! Can we have a standing appointment the Saturday after Thanksgiving every year for her birthday? :) Thanks again! You're awesome!

Anonymous said...

What a doll!

AHS Photography said...

She is so cute! You did a great job capturing the emotion of the day! I love the one of her laying on the couch next to her grandma's hand.

Ruby Rideout said...

LOL at the comment "you got something on the side of your cheek, no other side....!"

Her eyes are gorgeous and i'm loving those cheeks!! I wanna squeeze 'em. :)

I cant relate to having my own, but i know my little cousins crack me up all the time. Great post.

Elena said...

Amazing moments - beautifully done, Enoch!

Mark Brooke Photographers said...

These are so cute! Way to rock the Bday party!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful shots Enoch! You really captured how adorable she is!! Randomly, her mom was my wedding coordinator! Small world...=)

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

enoch my friend they will cherish these for a lifetime and more! you captured some amazing and touchin moments here! love the mom tearing up! awesome job!!!

Mary Marantz said...

ummm can *I* have a giant cupcake?!? That looks awesome!!

Andrew said...

Great images as always, you really captured the fun and excitement of the birthday party. I especially like the 4th and 5th ones. Have a great holiday season!

Hanssie said...

Awwwww...soo cute. I love the first birthday, when else do you get a whole cake to yourself and you can use your hands? The messier the better!

Unknown said...

hey dude sweeeet shoot;) i really like the one of the mom, dad and the little one. u nailed the moment in time, that one is timless;) amomentintime!!!!!! come c me