Tuesday, April 21

Annie and Neal - A Basin "the Beach" Wedding

It was snowing hard that Saturday morning, the sun shining through the clouds and causing the snow on the ground to radiate in white brilliance. The fresh falling white puffy snow would be a obstacle to overcome, a hurdle that would cause me pain ... or maybe something I could work with during the next few hours.

I meet up with Neal and his groomsman first when I arrived at Arapaho Basin - where in little over an hour he would be kissing his new wife. I wondered why this location was chosen, so ... I asked. And Neal informed me that this was the location of their 3rd date and that on this date was when he first realized that he was falling head over heals in love with Annie. Charming, indeed. So this was a must for the location...

Annie arrived glowing and beautiful - as her son's walked her down the aisle (snow aisle lined with ski poles) - the resort seemed to stop and stare. And then.... she did... he did... and then............. they kissed. Beautiful.

And yes...I dressed in my snow gear readying myself up for below freezing temperatures, later I would learn I should have accounted for the extra energy to move through the white powder.

Oh and yeah... this particular day, at A-Basin, it was some sort of "dress goofy day", so during the ceremony I noticed a large Male clown in the distance and thought it somewhat odd - ok maybe a lot odd. And of course Mr.Scary Clown man (he carried an Ax) wanted to crash the wedding and get in a few pictures. So he did for a few minutes, but alas no balloon animals or juggling ... lame. ;-)

We met up again this past weekend for some additional shooting ... I'll post some of those next week. Killer shots ... can't wait to show you.

Congratulation again Annie and Neal. Be Blessed.

//enoch




































Enoch Gonzalez
Wedding Photography
Colorado Springs Colorado

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow Ench! These look great. I can hardly wait to see the rest. We were truly blessed to find and we look forward to you documenting our life through photos.

Tiffany said...

these are AWESOME!!

Leslie said...

Hello! I was AT that wedding and was wondering how you would handle the snow! WOW! They even wrote a song about that: White Wedding!
You captured the day and the joy!
Leslie, mother of the groom!

Jordan Reasy said...

A photographer friend of mine found your website and directed me here. I just had my first child and my husband and I named him Enoch. We thought there was no one else out there with this name! My husband's name is Jared, who, in Genesis 5:18, is the father of Enoch. Good to here there are others out there! Beautiful pictures!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you look like an Angel, Annie!! I love these photos:) Esp. the black and whites.

Love ya!
Lori Young

Christopher said...

Looks like so much fun. What a wonderful place to have a wedding. What a cooler place to shoot it!

ohana photographers said...

looooove this!!! i have to say my fav is the one with the clown, everyone looks so happy and the color TOTALLY pops off! just plain rad shooting on the slopes! way to rock it once again my friend!

Angela Abeyta Photography said...

These are simply amazing! Just beautiful!! What an awsome wedding and of course the photography is out of this world!

Ruby Rideout said...

enoch! awesome wedding photos, totally different, especially to someone like me who lives in the desert.
A wedding in full blown snow! wow.

i confess, your commentary/storyline had me cracking up at the 'why this place?' your 'charming. indeed' and the scary clown comment.

to be honest, i love the colors in the clown picture, but the guys teeth scare me more than the ax would.

Look forward to seeing more of your work.