Sunday, March 30

Pictures from yesterdays hike

Today we chilled, went to grocery store, watched a movie, watched a couple Smallville episodes that I've missed... and I updated the look of my Blog... I like it.

So as promised here's a few of the images from yesterdays hike. It was a great hike. All the images were taken with my 10-22mm Super Wide Angle lens and my 40D.

Here's where we started out- Red Rock Canyon - hooking onto Section 16 and then to Entenmann Trail... of course Kenzie rode in style.



We reached the duck pond and a nice family gave us dog food to feed the ducks... they ate up. Kenzie wanted to feed them some bread, however we didn't come prepared for that plus we had a long way to go still ... so we said good bye to the family and went on our way.



Here's Tara hiking down the trail - still the beginning of it, she's carrying the water and the snacks.



Beautiful blue sky with puffy clouds - I love living here. The temperature was about 60'ish degrees.



There are stairs built into the side of the mountain at one point



The rock quarry area



Mike (holding his daughters shoes - she wanted to hike barefoot) and Tara



Me and Tara - self portrait... with my 5 o'clock shadow- can't see Kenzie but she's still on my back



This is where we started to get lost - some how we went down the wrong trail and got turned around, we ended up going through game trails and private property.



This is the private property we walked down - if you look second hill you'll see a house on top of it. That was 1 of 3 houses that this road lead down towards. What a beautiful place to live.



After 3 hours, Mike offered to carry Kenzie for me, it was such a relief - I was getting exhausted with 35 pounds on my back (Kenzie 25 Ibs + pack 10 Ibs)



We had a great time and can't wait to do that trail again, but next time I'll figure out the trail before we go. All in all we hiked for a little over 4 hours and a little over 7.5 miles. Today's day of rest of well earned. Time for some sleep...


4 comments:

Mark Brooke Photographers said...

These are Solid!!!! I will shoot you am email about my set up [it is a little much for a blog comment :)]

THE PARSONS said...

beautiful images!! It makes us miss our homeland of colorado sooooo much!! your little one is SO cute!

Enoch Photography said...

Thanks Mark and A&J... If you're ever back in the area... i'll take you all out to lunch.

Anonymous said...

You're blessed with a great family and God's beauty around you. Glad to see you're running with it. I love the first pic, of you and your daughter. I love the contrast in expressions and also that you carry your love not only in your heart, but on your back... May God keep you strong my friend.