Saturday, June 14

The Carnival

There is something magical about going to the carnival when you're 2 years old. All the lights, the rides going really fast, the screams and laughter from people, I'm sure the smell of fresh cotton candy is in there somewhere. For me it's definitely all of the above and the feel of going up and down and round and round and shaking you like crazy rides that I love...

This was the 1st time that Kenzie had gone to a carnival, so when we mentioned that we'd be going she was excited but I'm sure she didn't understand what exactly is a Carnival just yet. "We're Goin' to de Car'nval!" she exclaimed to her Grandma - aka "Gam'ma" as we headed out the door. When we pulled up her eyes widened with an expression of "what! is! this! place?? WOW!" ... I really love seeing things through her eyes - great joy does it bring.

She wanted to ride ALL the big rides, the ones that go upside down and round and round and shake you like crazy rides... we laughed... but really she was serious, you could tell on her face.

She rode most of the kiddie rides with great enjoyment - I loved every minute of it. However before we left, the adults needed to ride a couple BIG rides to gives us those tummy bumps and that laughter that makes all the worries go away. Oh did it...

It was a fun night for Kenzie one that she'll remember for a while... plus! she got to live it again the next weekend, and when she heard she'd be going to the Carnival again - that time she totally understood and squealed with excitement. For me that night was a glimpse into my past, things I got do when I was small and the little things that made me understand why this life is so precious - thanks Kenzie for letting me see those again.

While we try to teach our children all about life, Our children teach us what life is all about.
~Angela Schwindt




































Children make you want to start life over.
~Muhammad Ali

12 comments:

Sarah said...

Thanks for coming by to leave a comment!! That first carnival picture is awesome.....

And Arrested Development rocks the house!!!

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

arrested development - killer show. bummed it's not on any more. love your shots from the fair my friend!!!

happy father's day man! hope you have a blessed one!

Unknown said...

Fun times. Carnivals just rule. :)

Thanks for the comment!

Eddie Bojorquez (Studio 512) said...

That high-angle shot looks like a miniature because of the way you did the blurring on it. Very cool.

I also love the 3 sunset images in a row. This sounds really odd, but it makes me think of an 'end-of-the-world' kind of scene from a movie. I mean that in a good way. If that makes sense. : /

-E

Emily Main said...

wow. I don't think I have ever had an urge to go to carnival so strong. I think that first tilt shift shot... amazing usage of the tilt shift lens. seriously.

Elena said...

Beautiful work, and great capture of action! I also just L.O.V.E.D. the first one!

Hanssie said...

I hate ferris wheels, but I LOVE your picture of it! And great action shots!

kymberli q. said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! These carnival shots are AWESOME! I've looked through your other posts and I LOVE your style! And your up-close portraits are AMAZING! I'll be bookmarking you to keep up with your work! Great images!

xoxoxo ~Lori said...

Can't wait to take the kid's to the carnival this year! Great pics!

www.LoriDianePhotography.blogspot.com

MattDJ said...

What's up bro! Can I just say...I think I'm going to hire you from now on to write all my blog posts. :-) You seriously have a knack for grabbing the reader and pulling them back through time. At least that's what this post did to me. I was right there with you.

And as a city-boy at heart...I do loooooove my carnies...especially when viewed through my children's eyes. Awesome post. I'm ready for the day now. :-)

Nicole Liebgott Photography said...

Hey you, sorry I have been MIA for a while, but thanks for all the blog love.. Carnivals are my favorite. I love that b&w swing shot. Beautiful work

julie h said...

It looks like you all had a blast at the carnival! My favorites are the first one, which looks like a toy model, and the shot of the ferris wheel. Did you achieve the first shot with a tilt/shift or photoshop?