Tuesday, June 17

Pikes Peak Hike

The time is finally here, this weekend we will be hiking up our first of many 14,000 footers, Pikes Peak (14,110 ft) - a 13 mile hike that should take about 8-9 hours.

I can't wait to write and tell you all how it went. I'm sure this hike won't be just about making it to the top, it's going to be about the journey to get there, the reflection of yourself during the time hiking, the moments with friends during the hike, the struggles and accomplishments. I will have a camcorder with me taking some footage and hopefully I can have it put together in a couple weeks.

We've hiked a whole lot here in the area preparing ourselves for this mammoth hike, yet I still find myself a bit nervous and anxious, but still I'm in anticipation for a great experience. Lots have done it and I'm sure it's nothing to some, but for our 1st 14,000 ft Mountain it's a huge something.

Tara has been preparing our equipment like crazy, she's bought all our necessities and packed our bags already to get a weight count. She's been wonderful in the preparition. She's been walking our stairs up and down and up and down about 50 times per day, she'll be ready. Kenzie will not be with us, she will meet us at the top though ready for some of Summit House's donuts.

We start up at 3:30 AM to get to Barr Camp by breakfast time, where they serve pancakes and such for a donation. This part of the hike I am so excited for... not sure why but eating pancakes out in the wilderness seems so cool.

" The Beauty of the Mountain is hidden for all those who try to discover it from the top, supposing that, one way or an other, one can reach this place directly. The Beauty of the Mountain reveals only to those who climbed it..." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery


10 comments:

AHS Photography said...

So awesome, have fun!!

Megan Hardre said...

Right on! Good for you guys. Can't wait to hear about your adventure!

Anonymous said...

I've done 4 14ers so far (which I swore were my last) and my hubby is trying to convince me to do Pike's this summer....I think I'll wait and see how your trip goes first! =)Have so much fun and take lots of pictures!

PS-LOVE the carnival shots! =)

Hanssie said...

Wow, it looks beautiful...not that I would ever be able to drag myself out of bed at 3:30 and hike!

Elena said...

Amazing image!!! I just love mountains and hiking, great way to relax (well not physically :). Have fun!

Nicole Liebgott Photography said...

I don't know what it is about this picture, but I love it!!! It reminds me of something? It looks so peaceful and calm here.. Hope you made a canvas out of this one and put it up in your house

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

wow man that view is INSANE!!!! power up enoch!!! that is one crazy hike!! have an awesome time!!

Ruby Rideout said...

i hope you have a great time....i love landscape images and this one is gorgeous.

kymberli q. said...

WOW!! Amazing! Have a fantastic time!!

feastingmama said...

I love this shot babe...we need to have it printed for art...love you...