Wednesday, July 23

Christina & Ryan - Garden of the Gods Wedding

It was a beautiful Saturday afternoon and the storm clouds looked to be rolling in, I could see rain in the distant. On my drive up to Garden of the Gods I said a small prayer that it wouldn't seriously rain. It only rained a couple drops throughout the day - and actually the few drops felt pretty good.

The ceremony was beautiful and oh so different to what I've shot before, it was held in the middle of Garden of the God park, between two climbs rock formations. Christina was so beautiful and lovely and glowed during this whole day. Once they had said their vows, everyone packed up and headed out to the reception site, which in itself was lovely and again so different than the norm.

The reception was held in the Giraffe area of the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo. And you guys, it was cool. Seriously. I've been to the zoo a few times, but to hold a Wedding Reception there was outstanding. The dinner was served at the exquisite Safari Lodge. Hopefully I run across another couple that holds the reception at the zoo again, cause that was crazy cool.

At the end of the day, I was sad to see it end as it was such a fun experience. Christina and Ryan - Congratulation again to the two of you, be blessed and have a great life together.

"The zoo is a place for animals to
study the behavior of human beings."
- Author: Unknown



















































19 comments:

Anonymous said...

The bride with the wind in her veil is incredible.
....not so sure that dood with the mustache was really happy about putting his fork down for a sec. Great shot! LOL

Sarah Shalley said...

oh my gosh! that would be my DREAM! i'm an animal science major...i worked at sea world orlano...oh, the ideas i'm having. wow. very cool experience.

Amanda Suanne said...

these are beautiful!! Great work!

AHS Photography said...

wow, that sounds like the coolest wedding ever! the pics turned out amazing!

Hanssie said...

WOW! What an awesome place for a wedding. Still love the shot of their feet on the ledge...scary, but awesome :)

kristin said...

Wow, what a pretty location, all the orange and red rock colors! Love the wind in the veil. Love so many of these shots!

http://kristinrogersphotography.typepad.com/

Elena said...

killer location! beautiful work!

Christopher said...

What a cool place to have a wedding. Talk about a great background...............

Tiffany said...

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!! These shots are so AMAZING!! I am speechless~ Just beautiful!!

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

dude!!! that first shot is AWESOME! wow what an insane location. jealous :) the shot with the giraffes is my fav!!! great great job my friend!!

Angela Abeyta Photography said...

You continue to utterly amaze me!!! These are gorgeous!! Every shot I had to just sit here and study every detail because they are seriously stunning! Great job and awesome location!

Anonymous said...

Love, love these images!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sure your client's are thrilled!

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

ok, on our way to the other side of the island my wife read to me your comment on our last post and i had to pull the car over! i think kimi was crying she was laughin so hard!!! love it man! loved it!

Ruby Rideout said...

i'm sitting here staring in awe.

the one of them with the giraffes against the wall, the last one with the colored lights, the one with the einstein dude, the one with the washed post processing where her veil is blowing in the wind...i could go on.

very very cool wedding!! you rock~

Eric Foley said...

Brilliant! I love the location! I love the mountain top shot, nice.

kymberli q. said...

Lordy, lordy, where have I been?! This wedding is amazing, enoch! BEAUTIFUL images!

Anonymous said...

dear Christina and Ryan,

this is really a special location. I´ve never seen such a wedding before. it seems as if you had a great day. We wish you all the best and hope to see u soon in Germany
Love all the Jungs and Erbachs

anna joy said...

woah! freaking sweet ceremony location!

Jenny said...

Fabulous photography!! I love it!